Friday 11 April 2014

4). How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


I have used many different media technologies while I was creating my research and planning and also, for my music video and ancillary texts. I can start with the Blogger.com website to hold my entire portfolio and keep the records of my development process in form of research and planning.
Moreover, I have used the Adobe Premier Pro CS6 as mine main media technology in order to create my music video and outtakes video, installed onto an edit suite. Firstly, what I needed to do was to upload the footage which I decided I will use in my video and named them to make it easier by re-creating the storyline. This programme allowed me to cut the bits which I did not wanted to use and re-size the shots and use the special effects. As mainly I am using the special effects of slow and fast motion, understanding of how to use it was crucial for me in order to achieve the planned effect. Also, this programme allowing reversing the shot and creating the ghosting effect by putting the layers on top of each other and reducing the volume of capacity. I have no previous experiences with this programme and therefore I needed to spend more time on understanding and learning which tool is responsible for what. I chose this programme over alternative mediums which were available.
I used the Windows Movie Maker while creating my animatic but the programme were to too complex which enable only the cutting and placing the clips with changing the colour, reducing the volume of the sound and allowing to add transitions in between the cuts. So it wouldn’t be suitable in use for my final product of my music video as I wanted to make it as much professional as it was possible.
I also used the YouTube to post the videos of my first draft, audience feedback and final video. This system is allowing the users to like, dislike and comments with rating options the videos which are uploaded and distributed. I chose this media as is very popular and the service shares the post over the media technology like; Gmail, Facebook and many other, on which I also distributed my product.
I chose to use the Sony Carl Zeiss (Vario-Tessar Optical Zoom 40x) camera with which I shoot all of my footage for my music video. This camera allowed me to keep all of my content on a memory card and also transfer others by using the cable.
By using the Prezi numerous times I saved the space and also make the information which I wanted to present more interested for a reader. I was able to express my ideas in a visual and attracted form. This includes the elements of my evaluation such as techniques used in Photoshop or the genre conventions. This service allowed me to post the images, videos, texts and any other shapes into one place and put them together in an easy form to read.
The Adobe Photoshop CS5 was a media technology known for me as I learnt a lot of it from main previous year of studying media. I used this programme in order to create my ancillary texts. With this programme, I was able to edit my photographs effectively using colour adjustment tools, crop and re-size images, create numerous amounts of text using layering and overall create my ancillary texts in a way I planned. This programme enabled me to make my ancillary texts look professional and realistic overall and in comparison to other mediums.
Lastly I used the SlideShare which enable me to transfer any presentation file into the interesting and easier form of media technology. 


No comments:

Post a Comment